New York: Summer Escape Yoga
Hee that is in a towne in May loseth his spring. ~George Herbert
Yes, it certainly feels like I'm loseth-ing the beautiful day in towne in my gray cube. Which means my mind starts to stray over to thoughts of how I can play. Herewith, some yogic summercamp options from the two local-ish yoga retreat biggies, Kripalu and Omega (I'll cover more spots soon). I've picked the ones that are nearly guaranteed to be great.
1) Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
It's an abundance of Berkshire-based yoga riches at this retreat center.
- Shiva Rea and Andrew Harvey are teaching "On Fire: Heart Yoga" from May 23-26
- Restorative Yoga for Body & Mind with Sudha Carolyn Lundeen (a long-time Kripalu teacher), June 13-15
- Shakti Sadhana ("The Ultimate Women's Yoga Retreat") with Gurmukh and Shiva Rea, July 20-25
- NYC's own Elena Brower is teaching Yoga: The Art of Attention, August 8-10
2) Omega Institute
Total yummy grown-up summercamp vibe in the lush Hudson Valley. You can even camp if you want to.
- Kimberly Wilson's Hip, Tranquil Yoga Chick course, from June 1-6
- The Power of Practice with Beryl Bender Birch, June 20-27
- Seane Corn is teaching a vinyasa course, The Body & Beyond, July 11-13
Anything to add? What are your summer yoga plans?